Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dragon Festival

Supenn & Raghavan Iyer at the Curry Demonstration

I did some exploring at Twin Cities' annual Dragon Festival at Phalen Lake Park, notably, the Curry demonstrations by Supenn Harrison of Sawatdee, Raghavan Iyer author of 660 Curries and Thom Pham of Azia. I caught the demonstration by Supenn Harrison and was crushed to discover there was not going to be any sampling of what she made (health inspectors said no). Her instructions seemed to epitomize my idea of cooking, "when the whole house smells yummy, then it is done."

There were fewer food vendors than in past years, but there was some decorative food carving and the dancing was wonderful. My camera batteries were dying so I didn't record much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice picture of Supenn.

What posessed those other people to take a perfectly good cantaloupe and try to make it look like an artichoke?